Having an Aesthetic Treatment isn’t Easy! It is absolutely natural to feel anxious. We communicate to the world with Our faces and often You need to take a ‘leap of faith’ in Your Practitioner. There can be many issues to consider prior to having an Aesthetic Treatment, with that in mind, we have created a support document especially for YOU.
Our Terms of Practice are set out below. Our aim is to delight You but we want to be fair to ensure that our Treatments are created in a framework of mutual respect and understanding.
TREATMENT PLANS and BUDGETING
Please be aware of BA protocols in relation to your specific treatment.
- All treatment bookings must be paid for before the day of Treatments. Please be aware of BA Pricing Protocol.
- If You are a new customer (following the PRICING STRUCTURES):
There is a charge of £39.99 for NEW facial assessment, however this will be reimbursed on treatment and has a 3 month expiry date. Creation of a comprehensive Treatment Plan also has a charge of £39.99 and can be reimbursed within a 3 month period,
- You must have a formal appointment that has been booked either online. For products where volume per ml is a standard, such as Emervel Lip or Radiesse, patients can purchase a syringe depending on their own specific need,
- For Botulinum Toxin (botox), we use a European model which suggests that clinical excellence is best delivered by offering treatment based upon the volume of product used, rather than pricing per area treated,
- Please be aware we have a ‘Pricing Protocol’ which will be discussed with You prior to Your agreed Treatment.
FOLLOWING YOUR TREATMENT
- We will email You, Your baseline photos (unless you request us not to),
- If you require a ‘Review Appointment’ please be aware there will be a charge of £75.00 and the cost of any additional treatment at this review appointment, will be needed to be addressed,
- We are unable to engage in any online discussion or take part any analysis of any online photos.
Below we have included areas to provide ‘Support for YOU’ in your chosen Aesthetic Treatment:
- Treatment Plans and Budgeting
- Treatment protocol following Bruising
- Treatment protocol following Line Softening (Botox)
- Treatment protocol following Lip Augmentation
- Treatment protocol following PDO Facial Threads
- Treatment protocol following Dermal Fillers
- Treatment protocols for SKIN Peels
- Treatment protocols for Reviews
- Treatment protocol for Models
- When to seek Help
It is vital to clarify what are normal side effects following facial injections – following are examples of side effects which are expected: Examples of online SUPPORT
- I’ve got ‘movement’ following line softening…please refer to ‘Line Softening Protocol’ on the Protocol Page (below),
- I’ve got asymmetry following my line softening injections -we all have unique muscle patterns, which needs to be clarified prior to treatment,
- I’ve got bruising following my treatment (unfortunately bruising is part of facial injections). Please read our ‘Bruising Protocol’ on the Protocol Page on this website, however at BA we have bruising packs available to purchase which include a matched concealer and vitamin K cream.
- A bruise is simply coagulated blood under the skin that has accumulated as a result of damaged blood vessels.
- Don’t consume alcohol 24 hours before having a treatment and avoid the use of aspirin as it decreases the clotting of blood, thereby, increasing the bleeding from the injured blood vessels.
- Give yourself plenty of time for Your treatment and be aware that conditions such as anaemia and Your age may make You more susceptible to bruising.
- Applying an ice pack on a bruise for 15-20 minutes every hour during the first 24 hours after injury can help You to greatly reduce the swelling, pain, inflammation and redness associated with bruising,
- This should be replaced with warm compresses as to increase the blood circulation to the injured area, with the aim of hastening healing.
- In addition at Beechwood we now prescribe Vitamin K Oxide which has been scientifically shown to help with facial bruising.
Line Softening (BOTOX)
- Prior to Your treatment, an individual assessment will be made of Your unique muscle pattern,
- On your treatment appointment a full recommended dose will be injected,
- Facial movement does not mean to say the treatment hasn’t worked – the ability to frown AFTER A FULL TREATMENT DOSE will be the result of your own unique muscle pattern.
- At BA we will send Your Pre-Photos to You after a 14 Day period, if You do feel You require additional units, a review appointment must be made within (21 Day period),
- At Your Appointment, for example correct ‘asymmetry’ e.g. high or unequal eyebrows, specific to YOUR own unique muscle pattern, a minimal charge will be made £1.75 per unit for any extra Botox injected,
- .We strongly recommend that You should only repeat Your treatments, following a 4 to 6 month period.
- Your Lips will be swollen from between 24-48 hours
- Remember that the Lip filler has lidocaine included (so you may experience more pain after 2-3 hours, you can take a paracetamol and if possible an antihistamine prior to sleeping)
- Be careful about hot drinks immediately after your Treatment as your lips will continue to be numb.
- Apply Ice Packs every 15 mins of each hour following your Treatment review Bruising Protocol at www.beechwoodaesthetics.co.uk
- Try and elevate your pillows for the first 24 hours (remember the Morning after your Treatment if you lie flat your lips will be more swollen than normal but the swelling should subside through the day.
- You can apply lipstick 24 hours Treatment but clean with an alcohol steret and clean lip brushes before applying.
- You can apply a new lip balm after 2 hours but ensure anything you apply onto your lips is new or is washed with an alcohol steret for the first 24 hours.
- Initial selling will subside over 48 hours.
- You may experience mild discomfort and tenderness after the procedure. Slight tightening sensation as new collagen is produced around the threads, which may last for up to 2 weeks.
- Occasionally the needle may puncture due to the needle injection.
- Your face can be red where the needles have been injected however any redness and swelling should subside within a 2 week period.
- Its common to have a ‘spot like’ projection at the entry point of the needle which should settle within a 2 week period.
Medical Grade Skin Peel (eg Blue Radiance)
Not suitable for the following patients:
- Active cold sores, herpes simplex or warts in the area to be treated
- Wounded, sunburned or excessively sensitive skin within the application area
- Currently pregnant
- Dermatitis or inflammatory rosacea within the peel application area
- Isotretinion (Roacctane) use within 6 months prior to the peel application
- History of radiation therapy in the application area
- Allergies to aspirin/ salicylates
Side Effects can include:
- Strong burning
What after-care is required?
- Avoid hot water, saunas or steam rooms for 7 days post treatment
- Use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater at all times
- Avoid direct sun exposure
- Treat the skin gently, do not exfoliate for at least 7 days
- Avoid hydroxy acid skincare products, retinoids/tretinoin or topical vitamin A products and facial products containing fragrances for 7 days following the peel
- Avoid waxing area for 14 days after treatment
The Perfect Peel
Visit the website here, to read FAQ’s.
We are a regional training centre and from time to time we have opportunities for our patients to be offered a 50% discount from their treatment. Please read this document carefully we need to stress…
Any additional treatment required after the training night will no longer be at the discounted rate as the special offer you receive is only valid on that evening. You need to have discussed and agreed your treatment and price prior to your Treatment. Part of the role of being a model is that we may need statements, photos and reviews of your treatment including before and after treatment. We thank you for being a model with us at Beechwood Aesthetics.
Please let us know if you wish to be added to the model list.
When to seek help
- Excessive Pain, swelling and heat are all signs of infection please contact Beechwood Aesthetics as soon as possible if you experience this rare side effect.
How to contact us if you feel you need help:
- Please ring 0191 5654217 if you have any problems with your treatment. (if you can not manage to get through do not hesitate to leave a message as we will check our phone line twice daily for any messages)
- We will check our email twice daily: